Upper 90 Position Specific Clinic
Boys & Girls: 12-18
Location: St. Johns Prep – Danvers, MA
Monday, June 27, 2022 – Thursday, June 30, 2022
The camp will be broken into 4 groups
• 1 v 1 attacking
• Footwork (1st touch, dribbling and moves)
• Runs (understanding how and why to create open space)
• Combination plays in tight spaces
• Finishing (technique)
• Combination play
• Crossing/flank service
• Dribbling & 1st touch
• Shooting technique
• Short & long distance passing
• Body positioning
• Hand eye coordination
• Ball handling
• Reaction footwork & lateral footwork
• Ball distribution (throwing, drop kicking, goal kicking)
• 1 v 1 & 2v2 defending (Body stance, tackling, jockeying, shifting)
• Small group defending
• Distribution to midfielders and forwards
• Communication, visual cues & heading
The Upper 90 staff, current and former college and pro soccer players will serve as coaches, group leaders and mentors. Additional college coaches may be added to the staff if numbers necessitate. Certified athletic trainers will be on call 24 hours a day.
What to bring
• Footwear: Molded cleats or turf shoes for grass; indoor soccer shoes or sneakers for turf
• Sun screen
• Bring a water bottle / Water will be provided/snack
• A backpack or small athletic bag to carry items between field sessions
• Soccer ball
All of the training and games are scheduled to take place outside at our soccer fields on the Pingree campus. The surface of the field is natural grass. The majority of our players wear molded cleats on the surface, so that’s what I would suggest to bring. We may also utilize our athletic center on campus, so all campers will need to bring indoor shoes. I’d suggest to also bring tennis shoes as we use the tennis courts often for soccer tennis. Please be sure to bring adequate clothing as well.
In addition to the on field activities, there will be a classroom soccer tactics session, as well as information on the college recruiting process. Campers may want to bring a pen and paper to take notes.
Facilities: Glatz and Linus Fields
Please be sure to fill it out, have a parent or guardian sign it, and bring the form with you to registration. You are not allowed to participate without the completed medical form. If you prefer to send it in early, just email it to firstname.lastname@example.org ….. Download Waiver Form and COVID 19 WAIVER.
St. Johns Prep
72 Spring St.
Danvers, MA 01923
Refund/Cancellation Policy: Cancellations 10 or more days prior to camp will be eligible for a full refund. Cancellations within 10 days of camp will be charged a $50 processing fee for upfront costs incurred by the camp. All refunds will be processed after the conclusion of camp.
Please check your email regularly as this is our primary way we communicate. Any additional information that we need to convey as the camp draws closer will be passed on to you via the e-mail address that you supplied when you signed up for camp. Please make it a habit to check your e-mail daily, this will eliminate any confusion and or miscommunication.