UMass Baseball Fall Showcase
Location: Earl Lorden Field at University of Massachusetts – Amherst, MA
Sunday, October 16, 2022
This showcase clinic is for high school-aged players, grades 9-12/PG, looking to showcase their skills and learn from the UMass coaching staff, players, and other coaches that we may have present (TBD). This showcase will be a mix of showcase style drills designed for the coaches to evaluate you, as well as skill development drills focused on repetitions and instruction.
This showcase will take place on the campus of the University of Massachusetts, at Earl Lorden Field
Earl Lorden Field at University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003
Date and Times
Sunday, October 16, 2022
- 8:30am-4:00pm for both Position Players AND Two-Way Players
- 10:30am-4:00pm for Pitcher ONLYS
Actual check in times will be sent out in the days leading up to the showcase.
$175 Position Players
$200 Two-Way Players
$150 Pitcher Only
Optional Analysis Data
$25 Rapsodo Pitching Data from Bullpen (for Pitchers)
$25 Blast Motion Data from Batting Practice (for Hitters)
What to Expect
- Position Players – Offensive drills, Batting Practice, Throwing instruction, defensive drill work, defensive showcase, 60yd dash and a live game.
- 2 Way Players – You will report with the position players, do everything that they do, and have the chance to throw a short outing in the live game.
- Pitcher Onlys – You will report later in the morning and have a pitching talk, pre throw and post throw arm care routines, throwing progression instruction, PFP and live game. Pitchers will only throw to a fixed number of hitters and will not be stretched out past about 5-6 hitters / 20-25 pitches.
Lunch is INCLUDED in the cost of attending this showcase. This will take place at one of our award winning dining halls on campus. UMass Dining has been named #1 on the United States for the 5th year in a row for on campus dining!
What to Bring
Campers are responsible to bring any gear that they would need for the showcase. You will need to have sneakers/turfs for lunch at dining hall. Please wear baseball pants and a baseball hat. A UMass game jersey will be issued for identification purposes throughout camp. This will be returned at the end of the camp.
Masks / COVID Policy
At this time, we do not expect to have any restrictions due to COVID. This continues to be a fluid situation and we will update you if anything changes with this policy.
In the days leading up to the showcase, you will receive a detailed email about the showcase with any updates. Should you have any questions about this event please email Coach Reynolds (firstname.lastname@example.org)