Terps Summer Prospect Camp 2023
Location: Shipley Field at Bob “Turtle” Smith Stadium – College Park, MD
Saturday, August 5, 2023 and Sunday, August 6, 2023
The camp is open to any and all boys grades 7-12. Day 1 will include position-specific instruction and evaluation. Day 2 will include live gameplay with in-game feedback and evaluation.
ADD ON (OPTIONAL): Primary position players will only throw a side bullpen on Day 1, and will not have the ability to receive in-game pitching data. Primary pitchers will only take batting practice during Day 1 and will not have the ability to receive in-game hitting data.
- In-Game Pitching Metrics ($50) – Receive an in-game pitching report from Baseball Cloud including stat lines, pitch usage, ball metrics, pitch location visuals and comparisons to the event averages and college baseball averages.
- In-Game Hitting Metrics ($50) – Receive an in-game hitting report from Baseball Cloud including stat lines, ball metics, pitch location visuals from each AB, and comparisons to the event averages and college baseball averages.
8:30 am – Check-in
3:00pm – Departure
Schedule (subject to change)
- Warm-up / Preparation
- Position-Specific Skill work (Position Players) / Throwing Prep (Pitchers)
- Hitting Rotation, Simulated Game(Position Players) / Drill Work, Recovery, and Presentation (Pitchers)
- Game 1 (Teams 1 and 2) / Campus Tour (Teams 3 and 4)
- Game 2 (Teams 3 and 4) / Campus Tour (Teams 1 and 2)
Each camper must bring his own baseball equipment. Players should bring a glove, cleats/spikes, running shoes or turf shoes, hat, helmet, bat, batting gloves and any other equipment they feel necessary to compete. Please mark camper’s names on all items. The camp is not responsible for lost belongings.
A member of the University of Maryland athletic training staff will be present at each camp session. The medical waiver form below must be completed and brought to check-in along with a photocopy of your medical insurance card.
Shipley Field at Bob “Turtle” Smith Stadium
4122 Fieldhouse Dr
College Park, MD 20742
All parents must observe UMD DOTS parking regulations during the week. On the weekends Lot 1/ Lot Z are free and located behind the suites of football. Rob Vaughn Baseball Camps is not responsible for any parking tickets.
Lunch WILL NOT be provided during camps. Water will be provided, but if players prefer sports drinks, they are encouraged to bring their own. Concessions will not be open, so make sure to pack accordingly.
All players must provide proof of insurance for injury or sickness incurred while attending Rob Vaughn Baseball Camp. All parents/ guardians will need to sign and date the medical form as well. This waiver can be found on the website under “Medical Waiver” and will also be attached to your email confirmation. Players need to deliver a PHYSICAL COPY of all necessary documents to the registration check-in on the first day of camp. Download Waiver
A member of the University of Maryland training staff will be present each day. Protocols are subject to change, we will keep you updated if changes are made.
Rob Vaughn Baseball Camps LLC does not offer refunds of any kind. However, if you are unable to attend a camp that you have registered for, a credit can be applied to the cost of a future camp.
Please check your email regularly as this is our primary way we communicate. Any additional information that we need to convey as the camp gets closer will be passed on to you via the email address that you supplied when you signed up for camp.
Questions? Please email email@example.com