Marist Baseball Youth Summer Camp I
Location: McCann Baseball Field – Poughkeepsie, NY
Monday, July 30, 2018 to Friday, August 3, 2018
Starts: 9:00am / Ends: 3:45pm
- Training & Development Drills/ Instruction
- Competitive Games
- Positional Skill Instruction (P, C, INF, OF)
- Offensive Video & Analysis (Each Camper)
- Team Oriented, Fun & Safe Environment
- Friday- Slip N Slide
INSTRUCTIONAL LEAGUE (6-7 YRS OLD)
- Fundamental Throwing & Catching (Double Play, Cuts & Relays, etc.)
- Tee & Coach Batting Practice
- Machine & Situational Batting Practice
- Baseball Rules Implementation
- Fastball Command & Changeup Development
- Tee Scrimmage & Coach Pitch Games
MINOR LEAGUE (8-10 YRS OLD)
- Groundball & Fly Ball Drill Routines
- Live Pitch & Situational Batting Practice
- Pitching- Focus on Consistent Balance & Delivery
- Game Competitions
MAJOR LEAGUE (11-12 YRS OLD)
- Advanced INF Play (Double Play, Cuts & Relays, etc.)
- Live Pitch, Pitching Machine & Situational Batting Practice
- Pitching- Focus on Fastball Command & Changeup Development
- Game Competitions
$255.00 … 1 Full Day Summer Session
$465.00 … 2 Full Day Summer Sessions
- General baseball attire
- Baseball glove, hat, bat, rubber soled shoes or sneakers
- Swimmers (Bag containing bathing suit, towel, goggles, etc.)
ALERT: All campers must pass a 50 yard swim test each week to gain access to the pool. Failure to complete this test requires that each camper be 5’2” in height to utilize the shallow end ONLY. Not reaching the swim or height standard will result in no access to pool area.
- Marist Baseball T-shirt
- Camp Complettion Certificate
- End Of The Week Trophy Awards For Individuals In Each Level:
** Hustle Award
** Camper Of The Week
** Sportsmanship Award
** Fox Of The Week
A certified athletic trainer will be on site during camp operating hours to attend to any medical issues
Inclement Weather: In the case of inclement weather, contact the baseball office at (845)-575-3000, ext. 7583. The fax number is 845-575-3939
Please check in at 8:30am
The GPS address for Marist College is:
3399 North Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
See Camp FAQ’s for additional information regarding directions.
Campers are encouraged to bring their own bag lunch and drink to be refrigerated on campus. Campers will have opportunity to order and purchase pizza and drinks on a daily basis.
This is a day camp only. No overnight option is available.
Marist College Baseball merchandise will be available to purchase while at the clinic.
What if I have to cancel a camp?
We do not offer refunds on cancelled campers, just a future camp credit if you decide to cancel. We have what is called “Cancellation Protection”. We off basic Cancellation Protection to allow participants some peace of mind in case plans change. This allows us to keep our prices low and provide the best service possible. Due at the time of registration, Cancellation Protection entitles you to a full refund of camp fees should you cancel your registration more than 7 days prior to the start of the clinic. If you cancel within 7 days of the start of your session, we will give you a camp credit for all money paid. The credit is valid for three years from camp date at any of our camps. Credit with insurance is transferable to family members or friends, and good toward a future camp.
Please check your email regularly as this is our primary way we communicate. Any additional information that we need to convey as the camp draws closer will be passed on to you via the e-mail address that you supplied when you signed up for camp. Please make it a habit to check your e-mail daily, this will eliminate any confusion and or miscommunication.